|PACKAGED IQF SPIRAL FREEZER|
Spiral Freezer Buying Checklist
In today's prepared food processing industry, most food processing plants involved with cooking, cooling, and freezing use linear or spiral belt conveyor systems.
When dealing with spiral freezer, how do you determine the best selection of freezer design and manufacturer for both performance and price?
To calculate your needs as basic information we need you to supply as best you can from the following list. Should you not readily have all this information, please supply as available and we will help you fill in the blanks:
• The production capacity (LBS/HR) of your production line.
• The duration of your production shifts.
• The product entering temperature to the spiral freezer.
• The product exit temperature off the spiral freezer.
• The product surface and moisture content.
• The products physical size and weight.
• The products package type and size of the container if frozen in packages.
To compare performance, ask::
1. The air velocity across both side of the product.
2. The air temperature scrubbing the product surface.
To compare price, determine::
1 The belt width of the spiral belt.
2. The turn radius of the spiral belt.
3 .The active belt length.
4. The number of tiers in the freezer.
5. The tier spacing.
6. The inlet and outlet orientation arrangement.
7. The building material of the spiral freezer conveyor.
8. The building material and gauge of the freezer enclosure.
9. Add on options - like belt washer and dryer, CIP, field electrical wiring.
10. Field installation charges.Check carefully the price of the spiral freezer versus the production capacity rate.
Some companies will quote smaller belt width, or even a smaller freezer size to attract the customer orders, and later, cannot deliver on the desired capacity.
Remember: always compare freezer air flow velocity, air temperature, belt width, belt length, turn radius, building material of spiral freezer, options, enclosure construction plus manufacturer's reputation for quality and service.
Typical Specifications of Advanced Equipment Spiral Freezers:
Advanced Equipments standard air velocity across both side of the product surface is 1000 Feet Per Minute dependent on the product weight and thickness.
Advanced Equipment has determined that the lowest product dehydration and most economical operating standard evaporator temperature is – 40 degree F, other temperatures will lower or increase in refrigeration horsepower consumption.
The airflow direction is best suited for horizontal airflow on our smaller capacity packaged spiral freezer, and vertical down airflow for larger capacity site built spiral freezer.
The air temperature should be designed with evaporator surface adequate to handle a 10 to 25 degree F. temperature difference. (Air inlet temperature minus evaporator temperature). When both air flow speed and temperature has be checked.
| Return to main product page|
|• POULTRY INDUSTRY - chicken parts, chicken patties, chicken nuggets, marinated chicken chunk, breaded chicken parts |
• RED MEAT INDUSTRY - meat patties, meatballs, raw hamburger, breaded fried cuts
• SEA FOOD INDUSTRY - breaded fish sticks or patties, raw shrimp, fish fillets, scallops, whole fish
• BAKERY PRODUCTS - pizza crust, pie, cookie, pasta, bread dough
• PREPARED FOODS - packaged food in trays, shrimp in trays, ice cream cups, products requiring a long retention time.